Apadana Hotel
WVPP+CG Takht-e Jamshid, Fars Province, Iran, Iran

The Hotel Apadana was begun in 1913/1332 AH to serve the adjacent site of Persepolis as a guest house for visiting archaeologists. It was converted into a hotel four years later on the recommendation of the Ministry of Culture and Art.


The building is located immediately to the northwest of Persepolis Park and to the west of the Persepolis archaeological site. The single-story structure contains 21 rooms for guests, arranged along a central dining room and veranda which overlook the ruins. It is situated within a 3,000-square meter garden complex which includes landscaped avenues of trees and a swimming pool for guests. The hotel has been renovated several times, most extensively in preparation for the festivities for the 2,500th year of Foundation of Imperial State of Iran, hosted by Reza Shah Pahlavi in 1971. After the Iranian Revolution, the hotel was placed under the direction of the Iran Cultural Heritage, Handcraft and Tourism Organization, but was later abandoned. A renovation campaign was begun in 1999, and the hotel was reopened under a private owner in 2008. It was put up for auction and reopened in 2015.


Sources: 

http://appadanahotel.com/fa/index.html#content archive: http://archive.is/GYnw0


http://realiran.org/apadana-takht-jamshid-hotel-opened-in-shiraz/ archive: http://archive.is/pGldc


https://www.tasnimnews.com/fa 

Location
WVPP+CG Takht-e Jamshid, Fars Province, Iran, Iran
Variant Names
Apadana Hotel
Hotel Apadana
Building Usages
archaeological site
public monuments
Related Sites