Khayer Bek Khan, located in the Suwaqa quarter, was one of the most developed khans in Aleppo at the time. It was built by Prince Khayr Bak in 1514 under Mamluk rule.
Al-Homsi, Fayez. Old Alepp, 134. Damascus: Ministry of Culture and National Heritage Publishing, 1983.
Hillenbrand, Robert. Islamic Architecture: Form, Function and Meaning, 351,557. Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, 1994.