This collection contains abstracts for editorials, articles, and reviews in the International Journal of Islamic Architecture, Volume 2, Number 1 (2013). This volume is a special issue titled Streets of Protest: The Politics of Public Space, edited by Ipek Türeli. To view the abstracts, click on the orange "view the collection" button.
Full table of contents for Volume 2, Number 1
- Shaw, Wendy M.K. Review of Turquerie and the Politics of Representation, 1728–1876, by Nebahat Avcıoğlu. pp. 203-205.
- Carabelli, Giulia. Review of City and Soul in Divided Societies, by Scott A. Bollen. pp. 205-207.
- Dempsey, Anna M. Review of Harem Histories: Envisioning Places and Living Spaces, by Marilyn Booth (ed.). pp. 207-210.
- Farhat, Ramzi. Review of Dubai: The City as Corporation, by Ahmed Kanna. pp. 211-213.
- Kenney, Ellen. Review of Mamluk History Through Architecture: Monuments, Culture and Politics in Medieval Egypt and Syria, by Nasser Rabbat. pp. 213-216.
- Abou-Hodeib, Toufoul. Review of Ottoman Izmir: The Rise of a Cosmopolitan Port, 1840–1880, by Sibel Zandi-Sayek. pp. 216-218.
- Walker, Julia. Review of ‘Zaha Hadid: Form in Motion’, Philadelphia Museum of Art, Perelman Building, September 20, 2011–March 25, 2012. pp. 221-224.
- McKenna, Caitlin. Review of ‘City of Mirages: Baghdad, 1952–1982’ and ‘Change: Architecture and Engineering in the Middle East, 2000–Present’, Center For Architecture, New York, February 22–May 5, 2012. pp. 224-228.
- Demerdash, Nancy. Review of ‘Arts de l’Islam’, The New Permanent Exhibition, Musée du Louvre, From September 22, 2012. pp. 228-232.
- Ellis, John. Review of ‘The City, Living Heritage’ The Second Regional EuroMediterranean Conference of the Consortium Montada, Convened at the Institut Moulay Rachid, Sale, Morocco, October 11–12, 2012. pp. 235-239.
- Wharton, Alyson. Review of ‘Looking Widely, Looking Closely’, Third Biennial Symposium of the Historians of Islamic Art Association (HIAA), October 18–20, 2012, Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York. pp. 235-239.