Jami' al-Marshan
Tangier, Morocco

Under Portuguese rule, this site served as a church, but in 1684/1095/AH it was converted to a mosque. In the late 19th century a minaret was added, decorated on the outside with ceramic tile.

 

Location
Avenue Moulay Al Hassan Marchan, Tangier, Morocco
Images & Videos
Associated Names
Part of Site
Events
1684/1095 AH
Style Periods
Variant Names
Jami' al-Marshan
Masjid Marshan
Mosquée Marchan
Translated
Marshan Mosque
Translated
Jama'e de Mershane
Alternate
Building Usages
mosque
religious
Materials/Techniques
ceramic tile