The Fatih (or Fath) Mosque is situated in the Daryapur neighborhood in the northern part of the old walled city of Ahmedabad. It is undated but scholars have attributed the building on stylistic grounds to the first part of the sixteenth/tenth century AH.
The building is rectangular in form, with the east facade being entirely open to an adjoining space. Two minarets flank the long facade at its north and south ends. These are solid and slender towers, rising about twenty-five feet from the ground.
The interior is a pillared prayer hall, with five large domes covering open bays along the center of the hall. The pillars supporting the domes are bridged by pointed arches. Two aisles separate the central dome from the pairs of domes on either side (these are not separated from one another). One aisle separates these domes from the front and qibla walls. Mihrabs mark the qibla under bays on the west wall in line with the five domes. The mihrab marking the qibla behind the central domed of the prayer hall is particularly ornate.
A domed canopy tomb supported by twelve pillars sits across the open court from the mosque on its east side.
Burgess, James. The Muhammadan Architecture of Ahmadabad. Part II, 36. Archaeological Survey of Western India, Vol. 8. London: W. Griggs and Sons, 1905.