The Oval Plaza is an paved ovoid area surrounded by a 1st century CE colonnade of Ionic columns supporting an uninterrupted architrave. It is roughly 90 meters long and 80 meters wide. At the plaza's north end begins the Cardo Maximus, the main colonnaded street of the ancient city. In the middle of the plaza are remains of a rectangular structure that likely once supported a Roman statue, but was converted in a later century to a fountain.
Khouri, Rami G. Jerash: A
Brief Guide to the Antiquities. Amman: Al Kutba, 1988.
Rautmann, M., and J. M. C. Bowsher.
"Gerasa." Grove Art Online. 2003; Accessed
17 Oct. 2019. https://www.oxfordartonline.com/groveart/view/10.1093/gao/9781884446054.001.0001/oao-9781884446054-e-7000031479.