This garden, built by Muhammad III (1302–1309) on the eastern side of the main palaces, has a large pool and a portico with a pavilion overlooking the surroundings of the Alhambra. Part of the gardens was laid out in terraces, with an upper pavilion and a U-shaped pool, now destroyed.
At the beginning of the nineteenth century, the property belonging to the Royal Patrimony was sold and destruction of the building began. Restoration work was carried out from 1906 to 1930.
Antonio Orihuela Uzal, Casas y palacios nazaríes, 57–70.
Source: Archaeological Analysis, 1906–1929
-Antonio Almagro, Luis Ramón-Laca
Casas y palacios nazaríes: siglos XIII-XV (Open in Zotero)
Originally published at: Almagro, Antonio, and Luis Ramón-Laca. “Partal, Alhambra.” Middle East Garden Traditions. Dumbarton Oaks, November 18, 2014. https://www.doaks.org/resources/middle-east-garden-traditions/catalogue#b_start=0&c6=Andalusian++Gardens. Archived at: https://perma.cc/J8KF-DV5P