Built around 1723-1730 by Ibrahim Pasha al-Azem (the Ottoman governor of the city) on the remainings of a Mamluk construction, and called the "New Baths," this is by far the largest hammam in the city of Tripoli since it occupies 600 m2. Although it has not been in operation since the 1970's, its faded grandeur still stirs the imagination. The Hammam al-Jadid is located in Haddadeen district of Tripoli.
Tadmouri, Omar. "Hammam Jadeed." Tripoli City Website. http://tripoli-city.org/hammam.html#jadeed
. [Accessed April 18, 2006]