Bayt Dallal is located in the Judayda (Jdeideh) quarter on Sissi Street. It was built in the eighteenth century during the Ottoman rule of Aleppo. The rooms of the house are arranged around a large courtyard with an elevated iwan, a fountain, water tanks, and a stage for musical performances. The garden is planted with lemon and orange trees. The women's quarter, located on the second floor has a large balcony, reception hall and another stage for musicians.
Since 1921, the house has been used as a private Armenian secondary school (Thaniwiyya Kilikiya).Sources
Gaube, Heins, and Eugin Wirth. Aleppo: Historische und geographische Beiträge zur baulichen Gestaltung, zur sozialen Organisation und zur wirtschaftlichen Dynamik einer vorderasiatischen Fernhandelsmetropole
. Vol 1., cat. 458. 2 vols. Wiesbaden: Dr. Ludwig Reichert, 1984.
Hadjar, Abdallah. Historical Monuments of Aleppo
, 50. Aleppo: Automobile and Touring Club of Syria (ATCS), 2000.
Entry on iDAI.Gazetteer: