The building is located in the southeast part of Al-Farolous of Aleppo, and was built in 1217. It is a two-storey structure, rectangular in plan, with an open courtyard in the center. The shorter sides are arcaded and a water basin is situated in the middle of the court. The roofs are flat, except for that of the southwest extreme, which is covered by seven domes. Originally the building was conceived to house a mosque and Koranic school. A total of 31 rooms and halls are distributed on two levels. The main access is from the south through a portal with muqarnas. The restoration involved major structural consolidation and reconstruction.
Source: Aga Khan Trust for Culture