Lalkuti Community Center
Dhaka, Bangladesh

Lalkuti (red building) was build during the British period and was named after Lord Northbrook, Viceroy of India (1872-1876). It is an Indo-Saracen building, and a fusion of Mughal architecture and European Renaissance architectural styles. The semi-circular horseshoe arches contain the main entrance on the north side. The four octagonal minarets on the north side, along with pinnacles and ornamental parapet, show the Muslim and Mughal features. The windows, doors and walls were ornate, following the European style, but the domes at the top of the building were ornate following the Muslim style. A major threats to the heritage building is the encroachment of around the building.

Source: Wikipedia

Location
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Images & Videos
Associated Names
Events
Inaugurated 1880
Variant Names
Lalkuti Community Center
Lal Kuti Community Center
Variant
Northbrok Hall
Variant
Building Usages
community center
public/cultural