Renovation of a 1958 structure originally designed to serve as a family residence, covering 1,963 square metres. Four additional storeys were added to the building as well as several operating theatres, laboratories, diagnostic facilities, a maternity ward complete with delivery rooms, a nursery, day surgery wards, a nursing unit, and a total of 70 inpatient beds. The building is a combination of structural steel with reinforced concrete and glass reinforced concrete cladding panels. The project was carried out over several years, throughout which time the hospital remained fully operational.
Source: Aga Khan Trust for Culture