Kadoorie Educational Building
Tulkarm, Palestine
The building is a key element in the evolution of Kadoorie’s agricultural school, established in 1930, into the technical university it has become today, creating an appropriate image through its emphasis on tradition and simplicity of design. A limited set of elements establishes a rhythm along the length of the building, broken only by major features such as the entrance. A large court at the centre introduces light and views, its steel-framed skylight adding an element of modernity. The prime material was local stone in white and red, with labour provided by local people.

Source:

The Aga Khan Trust for Culture, 2011.
Location
Tulkarm, Palestine
Images & Videos
Documents
Events
2008
Variant Names
Kadoorie Educational Building
Building Usages
school
educational