The Koprulu Haci Ibhrahim Aga Mosque is situated in the Cami-Cedid mahalle (neighborhood) of Limassol. Tradition says that Koprulu Haci Ibrahim Aga registered in the Ottoman army at the site where the mosque now stands, and vowed that if he returned safely from a campaign in Acre, Syria, he would found a mosque on the site where he joined the army. He did return to Limassol and constructed the mosque at the site on the Garilli River, as well as a wooden bridge over the river, completing construction in 1826/1241 AH. Koprulu Haci Ibrahim Aga was buried to the left of the gate leading to the mosque's garden, planted with fruit trees.
The mosque was built partially within a canyon made by the Garilli River, and was ruined in 1894/1311 AH when the river overflowed. Two-thirds of the mosque was swept away and the minaret was nearly collapsed; it was demolished with explosives later that year. Koprulu Haci Ibrahim Aga's children and grandchildren began working in 1895 to get a new mosque constructed, but due to various delays the new mosque and minaret were not completed until 1913/1331 AH. The original building inscription and one commemorating the reconstruction, each on marble slabs, are mounted above the entrance to the prayer hall.
The mosque is built on a platform due to the sloping ground. The portico on the north side has three pointed arches on its front face and one each side. The mosque is constructed of white stone with gypsum plaster on the interior, and a sloped timber roof with tiles. The floors are Cyprus marble and mosaic tile, and the original iron windows are present. The prayer hall is approximately square in plan, with high walls each with windows at two different levels. The mihrab niche is in the southeast wall and is set within a rectangular frame with moon and star reliefs. The wooden women's gallery is above the doorway in the north wall.
The mosque was repaired by the Republic of Cyprus in the early 2000s. In April 2012, the mosque was heavily damaged by arson, and was restored by the municipality.
Bağışkan, Tuncer. Ottoman, Islamic and Islamised monuments in Cyprus, 287-293. Nicosia, Cyprus: Cyprus Turkish Education Foundation, 2009.