Light + Light House
Jakarta Selatan, Indonesia
On a modern housing complex on which about 80 percent of the plot is preserved as open green space, with the remaining 20 percent is divided into 20 lots to be designed by 10 Indonesian architects, this two-storey house has a simply programmed space designed with a structurally light and open character to eventually blend in with its natural surroundings. The primary structure is a framework of steel and concrete, with wooden louvers of yellow balau wood to allow continuous airflow. The building mass is divided into four parts, enabling three existing trees on the site to grow, in the entrance, the public area and through the master bedroom. A secondary skin of vines wraps around the façade.

Source: Aga Khan Trust for Culture
Location
63, Jalan H. A. Wahid, Jakarta Selatan, Indonesia
Images & Videos
Associated Names
Site Contains
Events
Completed 2012
Dimensions
330 m²
Variant Names
Light + Light House
Building Usages
housing development
residential
Keywords
Aga Khan Award for Architecture Nominee