A privately funded market consisting of a number of shopping facilities in an historic area of Istanbul. The shops are grouped around pedestrian courtyards that are connected by small alleyways. The complex consists of six individual blocks of 1117 shops. The red brick, travertine and exposed concrete of the exterior harmonise with the nearby Ottoman structures.
Source: Aga Khan Trust for Culture